Terrariums are the cute little environment of plants. It is enclosed in a clear jar or bottle and is like a mini garden or forest.
Here are 6 the supplies needed in making a terrarium:
- Glass Vessel (Jar or Bottle)
- Potting Soil
- Small Garden Tools
Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to make a terrarium using the above-mentioned supplies:
- Cover the bottom of your jar or glass vessel with pebbles. Just enough at the bottom for drainage purposes.
- Add in activated charcoal. This helps in fighting the growth of bacteria and it keeps water fresh too.
- Add a layer of potting soil for plants to grow.
- Add plants, from biggest to smallest. Prune the roots before putting them to the soil.
- Once the plants are settled already, put pebbles on the surface of the soil for beautification.
Tips: Use gloves especially when handling prickly plants like cactus.
Now that you have learned the supplies needed and the steps to follow, it will be easier for you to make your own terrarium. However, if you want to purchase a ready-made terrarium you may visit Wright Flower Company. They sell gorgeous terrariums at a reasonable price.